Here’s what I’m thinking about! These are books I’ve recently read for my research projects.
- Demons by Dostoyevsky
- The Perspective of Love: Natural Law in a New Mode by R. J. Snell
- The Hidden History of Women’s Ordination: Female Clergy in the Medieval West by Gary Macy
- The Body and Society: Men, Women, and Sexual Renunciation by Peter Brown
- Macrina the Younger, Philosopher of God by Anna M. Silvas
- Mississippi Praying: Southern White Evangelicals and the Civil Rights Movement, 1945-1975 by Carolyn Renée DuPont
- The Metaphysical Confederacy: James Henley Thornwell and the Synthesis of Southern Values by James Oscar Farmer.
- The Sacred Mirror: Evangelicalism, Honor, and Identity in the Deep South 1790 — 1860 by Robert Elder
- Black Marxism: The Making of the Black Radical Tradition by Cedric J. Robinson.
- Prophesy Deliverance! An Afro-American Revolutionary Christianity by Cornel West
- The Light that Binds: A Study in Thomas Aquinas’ Metaphysics of Natural Law by Stephen Brock
- After Virtue by Alasdair MacIntyre
- Paul and the Stoics by Troels Engberg-Pedersen
- God, Sexuality, and the Self: An Essay ‘On the Trinity’ by Sarah Coakley